GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN HAS ISSUED A NOTIFICATION IN REGARD TO THE NEW BAGGAGE RULES WHICH SHALL TAKE EFFECT FROM THE JULY 1ST, 2016.
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original passport
- Original computerized national identity card (CNIC) (Pakistani nationals)
- Copy of visa
- Original or express bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Inventory list in English
- Packing list with purchase invoices
- Certificate of employment
- Transfer of residence certificate
- Exemption certificate (diplomats)
- Copy of diplomatic ID card (diplomats)
- Pakistani citizens are eligible for a transfer of residence facility in case the owner of the goods has stayed abroad for 2 or more years and has not visited Pakistan in those 2 years for a cumulative period of 120 days or more.
- Foreign nationals are also eligible for a transfer of residence duty discount in case they are arriving in Pakistan for a stay of 2 or more years which is usually given in their employment letters.
- Pakistani citizens must pay full customs duties and taxes on electrical items.
- Owners of the goods can import shipments duty free for the first 6 months by completing a CBR booklet (non – citizens).
- All import duties are charged on the costs, insurance, and freight of the shipment (CIF) value; the value is determined by Customs officials.
- Only used clothing and used household effects can be imported on a duty-free basis.
- A letter of authority from the organization is required for all shipments.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 4 – 5 days after arrival of the shipment.
- Consignee should be present for Customs clearance.
- All items are dutiable; the value and depreciation of the goods can be negotiated with the examiner at the time of clearance.
- Do not send insurance or any documents showing value of the household goods with the shipment to avoid payment of heavy import duties.
- Diplomats may import shipments duty free with presentation of a diplomatic exemption certificate to Customs authorities.
- Copy of passport
- Original or express release bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Original technical passport / certificate of title
- De-registration certificate
- Invoice of purchase showing the engine number, model, and horsepower
- Pakistani national citizens cannot import vehicles older than 3 years.
- Diplomats can import vehicles older than 2 years.
- Original passport of owner of the goods
- Health certificate and vaccination certificate (issued by origin country)
- Quarantine certificate issued by the Government of Pakistan / veterinary certificate
- Pet passport
- Document required must accompany animals and pets.
- Pets may be transported as baggage, as cargo, or with passengers traveling by air.
- Clearance in 1 – 2 days depending on the availability of all documents.
- Items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (1/2 kg)
- Eau de toilette (1/4 L) and perfume (1/8 L)
- Gifts and souvenirs (reasonable number and quantity)
- Electronic items of any kind are dutiable even under the transfer of residence
- Weapons of any kind
- Toxic and radioactive materials
- Any literature, CD, DVD material against Islam or Pakistan
- Any art, painting, or object which is obscene and shows nudity
- Hides / ivory of animals
- Any goods of Israeli origin
Foreign Exchange Remittance Card
Overseas Pakistanis remitting foreign currency equivalent to US$2500 to US$ 50,000 per annum are entitled to the following incentives;
- Five categories of remittance cards as per amount remitted.
- Free Issuance and Renewal of passport on urgent basis.
- Separate Counters for special handling at arrival and departure lounges at all International Airports in Pakistan.
- Duty credit can also be utilized for seven items with fixed duty i.e., television, deep freezer, refrigerator, microwave oven, cooking range, washing machine and air conditioner.
- Duty Credit in Pak. Rupees as per category of remittance card.
|Type of FERC||Amount Remitted Through Normal Banking Channel
(in US $ or equivalent foreign currency)
|Duty Credit In Rs.|
|Silver||2500 or more||10,000|
|Silver Plus||5000 or more||20,000|
|Gold||10,000 or more||30,000|
|Gold Plus||25,000 or more||50,000|
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
for more information plz visit FBR website: www.fbr.gov.pk